Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Caramelldansen



Um... yeah. That video wasn't done with a blue screen. That guy really is dancing in the middle of several crowded streets. And he's doing the 'caramelldans'.

*Several readers do the lack-of-comprehension-blink here*

I sympathize with you. After all, I discovered this yesterday, and I know where to look. If you knew already, I assume your grades are worse than mine, so I recommend you mug hard this sem :).

The Caramelldansen is an internet meme that started on an imageboard called 4chan. Just like it was done for the Loituma Girl, a song was overlaid on a clip from an anime. In this case, both the song (the chorus actually) and the clip were looped continuously.

Here's the original video:



They're using their hands to imitate rabbit ears ^^.

And that's it. Loads of people just went nuts over the darn thing. And posted videos while they were at it. We've even got characters from various other anime doing it. Some of the vids are really ultra cute, like this one.

PS: I tried the dance myself. It really was fun ^^;. I recommend you try it, but please don't Youtube yourself-and-your-caramelldans. Some things are best left unseen :D.

Ah, I almost forgot about the guy in the vid. His name is Danny Choo. Yes, he does all that embarassing stuff on a regular basis. You can check out his videos here. I think they're all pretty safe, but be warned, his site isn't exactly SFW . It's still good fun going through it though, he's got a lot of nice stuff to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice one... good to see a meme addict ( remember lolcats )? darth vader woul;d have made a better impact... and finally... dannychoo again? i guess you live on that p*rnomax site anyway....