Tuesday, December 18, 2007

First Sem at IIT M

I will list and illustrate the various things I have done, during my first sem.


Dragonball Z :

Skimmed through and finished. Most of the fights were very long drawn, so that useful little progress bar at the bottom magically shot through most of the episodes, with the result that the whole thing was over within a week.

My comments : DBZ is way too well established for my appreciative comments to mean anything to it.

Dragonball GT :

Seemed a bit repetitive. Didn't really bother.

Blackadder :

Awesome stuff! Watched seasons 2, 3 and 4 (Season 1 was complete crap, even if I neglected comparison with its successors). Stored it safely for future reference.

Lord Of The Rings :

Read all 3 books (plus The Hobbit) while watching the corresponding movies side by side. Great fun.

Movies :

Came and went. Watched them more out of boredom than anything else. As can be expected, I don't have the faintest clue as to what I saw.

Asterix :

Read the whole thing. All 33 of them. Great way to kill time.

Naruto :

Watched all the episodes in great detail up till No. 172, after which the filler became a little too toxic to bear.

The simultaneous temptation of Naruto Shippuuden culminated in my ditching the filler and finishing whatever Shippuuden I had, and torrenting the rest.

My comments: One of the best anime series I have ever seen.

(Watched it before the last end sem exam and after the end sems were over)

One Piece :

Watched during winter hols. Have reached episode 112, but my drive has slowed down. This particular saga is a bit too long.

As such, it's a great series. Truly hilarious.


Acads :

Oh yeah. Came and went. Got very pained by them. Quite unlike the movies, which were bearable.


Perspective Check :

For those who don't know, this is not the life of a 'normal' IITian. There is no normal IITian.

We each have an ideal image of ourselves that we strive towards and our levels of accomplishment in this ideal vary greatly. The spectrum is unusually wide at IIT.

The academics is probably to blame.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

watch shawshank redemption

BurningMan said...

Hmm... Vinay I presume :)? Ok, irrespective of that, good advice anyway, will follow it.